|Oilfield Seamanship Series - Complete Set- 2012|
|Price: $1138.2 / £813 / €1056.9|
Product Order No: OS/SET
|Add this item to your shopping cart,|
you can always remove it later.
A unique set of manuals from Capt Michael Hancox that provide the key to safe and efficient marine related offshore operations
Seamanship is the practical application of expertise in the working of vessels and their equipment. The skills are acquired by practice rather than by the study of written material.
Texts on seamanship can only hope to describe the equipment, techniques and aims of any particular operation so that personnel gain a basic understanding of what is being attempted. As skill level increases and more unusual or difficult operations are encountered the seamanship text book should give sufficient information and ideas on how a standard technique might be modified or adapted to suit a particular set of circumstances.
The Oilfield Seamanship series describes and explains the majority of standard techniques used in marine operations of the offshore oilfield. The series concentrates on Towing, Anchor Handling, Barge Mooring and Moving, the Operation of Jack-Up type vessels afloat, the practice of stability control on semi-submersibles and ballast control techniques on such vessels.
The series of books are organised such that particular volumes are relevant to personnel on specific vessel types.
The Oilfield Seamanship set comprises the following volumes:
- The Oilfield Seamanship Series - Volume 1: Rescue Towing
- The Oilfield Seamanship Series - Volume 2: Jack-Up Moving
- The Oilfield Seamanship Series - Volume 3: Anchor Handling
- The Oilfield Seamanship Series - Volume 4: Towing
- The Oilfield Seamanship Series - Volume 5: Barge Moving
- The Oilfield Seamanship Series - Volume 6: Barge Mooring
- The Oilfield Seamanship Series - Volume 7: Stability and Ballast Control
- The Oilfiled Seamanship Series - Volume 8: Towing Positioning & Hookup
- The Oilfield Seamanship Series - Volume 9: Dynamic Positioning - A Practical Guide
The books can be used as training manuals, planning tools and reference works by operational personnel but it is also hoped that they will be of use to all who have an interest in modern practical seamanship as applied in the marine oil industry.
If you would like full details of the actual contents of any of these volumes to assist in selection of the correct book for your purpose call 01531 634563 and ask.
These books all of which incorporate hundreds of diagrams, tables and illustrations, are the most comprehensive works of their kind ever published - If you would like more contents data on any particular volume please ask.
The Oilfield Seamanship set - 9 volumes