|Oilfield Seamanship Series - Volume 7: Stability and Ballast Control|
|Price: $232 / £145 / €218|
Product Order No: OS/SBC/AO
|Add this item to your shopping cart,|
you can always remove it later.
Barge Masters, Barge Engineers, Ballast Control Room Operators and those ashore responsible for the loading and ballasting of both semi-submersibles and jack-up units will find this volume of particular interest. It is designed to be used both as theoretical background on the principles of stability management and as a guide to the operational daily management of afloat stability on these specialist vessels.
- Stability Theory
- Stability theory as applied to semi-subs
- Transit stability
- Trim, list and associated problems
- Weight control and the determination of stability
- Daily stability calculations
- Damage stability
- Lightweight checks and problems
- The inclining experiment
- Training personnel.
- Purpose of ballast control systems
- Ballast control equipment
- Ballast control - associated systems
- Emergency ballast control equipment
- Pumps and pumping operations
- Ballasting and deballasting operations
- Control room watch keeping
- Inspection and maintenance of ballast control equipment
- Fault finding recognition and diagnosis
- Non standard operating procedures and system appraisal
- Damage control procedures
- Barge masters note book.