Offshore Shipping Online

A publication for the offshore shipping industry published by Clarkson Research

  • Offshore Intelligence Monthly
  • Menu

    CH Offshore disposes of anchor handler

    Vessel & ROV News // June 29, 2010

    The Board of Directors of CH Offshore Ltd have announced that the company has entered into a memorandum of agreement with PT Bahtera Nusantara Indonesia, a joint venture company between the company’s wholly-owned subsidiary Venture Offshore Pte Ltd (VOPL) and PT Bahtera Niaga Internasional, pursuant to which the buyer will purchase from the company, for an aggregate consideration of US$9.5 million, Temasek Attaka, a 2001-built 5,400 bhp anchor-handling tug supply vessel.

    VOPL has a 49 per cent interest in the buyer, while PT Bahtera Niaga Internasional holds the remaining 51 per cent interest.

    The aggregate consideration of US$9.5 million for the disposal was arrived at on a willing seller and willing buyer basis after taking into account future prospects, cash flow and potential earnings of the vessel.

    The company had engaged RS Platou (Asia) Pte Ltd to undertake an independent valuation of the bessel. As at 12 April 2010, the market valuation of the vessel was estimated at US$12 million. 

     

    More articles from this category

    More news