Offshore Shipping Online

A publication for the offshore shipping industry published by Clarkson Research

  • Offshore Intelligence Monthly
  • Menu

    GIEK issues finance guarantee for Skandi Santos

    News // January 22, 2010

    The GIEK in Norway has issued a guarantee for the financing of Skandi Santos, a construction vessel to be used for well intervention. The ship was built at STX in Aukra, Norway.

    The ship will enter into a five-year contract with Aker Oilfield Services, which in turn is on a five-year contract with Brazilian company Petrobras.

    The owner of the ship is DOFCON AS, which is 100 per cent owned by DOF Subsea AS, which in turn is owned 51 per cent by DOF ASA.

    GIEK will cover 80 per cent of a loan from Eksportfinans, and the remaining 20 per cent is covered by DnB NOR ASA.  

     

    More articles from this category

    More news