Swiber and Alam Maritim ink JV
Company News - September 21, 2009
Swiber Holdings Limited has reported further progress on its expansion strategy in Malaysia.
Further to the Memorandum of Understanding signed on 19 August 2009 with Alam Maritim Resources Berhad, the Malaysian-listed offshore marine services provider, Swiber and ALAM have agreed to incorporate two joint venture companies, Alam Swiber DLB 1 (L) Inc and Alam Swiber Offshore (M) Sdn Bhd, both equally owned by the two companies.
Alam Swiber DLB 1 (L) Inc was successfully incorporated on 14 September 2009 and Alam Swiber Offshore (M) Sdn Bhd is to be incorporated shortly.
Alam Swiber DLB 1 (L) Inc entered into a Memorandum of Agreement dated 16 September 2009 to acquire a derrick lay barge (DLB) to undertake offshore construction and installation projects in Malaysia.
Said Mr Raymond Goh, Executive Chairman and Group CEO of Swiber: “We are very pleased to be able to bring our partnership with ALAM to fruition today. Our new JV companies will allow close synergies between ALAM’s expertise in the area of marine transportation support services together with Swiber’s offshore construction capabilities. We have every confidence that our new JV Companies will put us in good stead to bank on new opportunities in the Malaysian region.”
Azmi Bin Ahmad, Managing Director and Group CEO of ALAM, said: "We believe that our alliance with Swiber will not only generate a stronger market presence in the Malaysian region, Swiber Holdings Limited."
More articles from this category
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014
- SeaBird awarded Letter of Award for Osprey Explorer
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 7, 2014