Seasafe Supporter delivered - starts five-year charter with Shell
Vessel & ROV News - April 9, 2009
Seasafe Supporter has commenced a five-year charter for Shell.
The newly commissioned vessel Seasafe Supporter, a 61m construction/maintenance vessel under the Nautika Group has arrived in Brunei from the shipbuilders in China to commence a five-year charter for Brunei Shell Petroleum.
SeaSafe Supporter carries a total of 90 personnel and was designed by Conan Wu of Singapore and built for Otto Marine by Chinese shipyard Taishan Winde.
The vessel is DP 1 enabled, with a four-point mooring system and 25 tonne, ex rated crane specially designed to service offshore oil and gas platforms.
According to Captain Mike Kelly, MD of Seasafe PTE Ltd, the vessel exceeded all expectations on its maiden voyage from China.
Performance was exceptional and pays tribute to the care and attention provided by Otto Marine and Taishan Winde, together with the various equipment vendors during the construction and commissioning phase.
“We must also express our thanks and appreciation to the vessel Master and the new crew, provided exclusively by FleetChange Inc. The new crew did an exceptional job and it speaks volumes about the quality of personnel that are available from FleetChange” said Captain Mike Kelly.
Sister vessel SeaSafe Salvo will be delivered in August this year, again in China, and built by Otto Marine and Taishan Winde.
SeaSafe Salvo is almost identical to the SeaSafe Supporter with the exception of a slightly reduced personnel capacity.
Sources indicate that she will be going to work in Qatar, Middle East.
More articles from this category
- Divex secures contract for saturation diving system
Equipment & Technology - August 22, 2014
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014