Versatile offshore support vessel for Ajang Shipping
Vessel & ROV News - February 18, 2009
Ajang Shipping took delivery of Ajang Haidah late last year.
The Malaysian firm Ajang Shipping recently took delivery of a versatile offshore support vessel from Shin Yang Shipyard in Miri, Sarawak, East Malaysia.
The 75m by 20m Ajang Haidah has a moulded depth of 6.5m with a 5m design draft. Designed by Conan Wu & Associates of Singapore the new vessel is powered by a pair of 16-cylinder Cummins KTA50-M2 main engines each developing 1,800bhp at 1,900rpm. The engines turn fixed pitch four-blade 2100 by 1512 mm propellers through Reintjes WAF664 gears with ratios of 5.044:1. This gives the vessel a speed of eleven knots.
The vessel’s main gensets are three Cummins KTA19DM1-powered generators each rated for 360kW at 50 Hz. The emergency genset is a Cummins 6CTA8.3DM-powered 150kW generator. A 210hp Cummins 6BT5.9 engine powers the vessel’s fire pump. An 815hp Cummins VTA28DM engine generates power for the boat’s bow thruster.
Deck equipment includes a 10 ton anchor windlass, a 5 ton capstan and a four-point mooring winch rated at 40 tons.
The vessel is fitted to accommodate a complement of 196 crew and workers The after deck provides 300 square metres of cargo space and is fitted with a 45 ton crane. Tankage includes 550 metric tonnes of fuel, 1100 MT of water and nine MT of lube oil.
The keel for Ajang Haidah was laid on August 6th 2007 and she was delivered to her owners on December 11th 2008. The ABS-classed vessel will operate in South East Asian waters and is home ported in Kuching, Malaysia.
More articles from this category
- Divex secures contract for saturation diving system
Equipment & Technology - August 22, 2014
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014