Swiber Conquest achieves major milestone
Projects and Operations - September 4, 2008
Swiber Holdings Limited has announced that its flagship pipelay barge Swiber Conquest has reached a major milestone achieving 150km of pipelay work in a period of six months.
The barge has been operating non-stop since the commissioning for three major projects in Indonesia, Brunei, and Malaysia.
Across all the projects, the barge has installed a total of 11 pipelines ranging from 6in to 16in in diameter in water depths ranging from 5m to 55m, and has achieved a lay rate of as high as 3.5 km in one day.
The barge is currently installing pipelines off the coast of Sarawak, Malaysia, after which it will install pipelines in Natuna Sea, Indonesia.
Mr Raymond Goh, Swiber’s Executive Chairman and Group CEO, said: "This is a milestone achievement and a large step in our long term growth strategy. Our goal has always been to acquire state-of-the-art assets and technologies that add value to our offshore services. Swiber Conquest is one such asset."
"We will continue to execute our fleet expansion programme with the objective to sharpen our competitive edge and enhance our position as a world class service provider in the offshore industry.”
Currently, Swiber operates a fleet of 30 owned vessels, comprising 15 tug boats, 10 barges, one crane barge (Dalihao), one jack up barge, one accommodation barge, one submersible barge and one pipelay barge (Swiber Conquest). In addition, 21 vessels, comprising nine tug boats, three barges, two subsea support vessels, two accommodation barges, one 4,180 tons derrick crane barge, three pipelay barges, and one deepwater drilling vessel, are currently under construction/conversion.
With the addition of these new vessels, Swiber’s fleet of offshore marine vessels will be increased to 51 by the end of FY2010, significantly boosting the Group’s capabilities and competitive edge in the offshore marine support and EPCIC services sector.
More articles from this category
- Divex secures contract for saturation diving system
Equipment & Technology - August 22, 2014
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014