Finstaship upgrades vessels with new cranes and DPVessel & ROV News // September 1, 2008
Finstaship in Finland is to update three of its offshore vessels, and has signed a contract with MacGregor Hydramarine AS to replace Nordica's and Botnica's main cranes. The schedule for the crane delivery will be autumn 2010 for both vessels.
With the new cranes it will be possible to operate in deeper water environment. In addition, this modification makes Botnica and Nordica better fitted to Arctic offshore duties.
The cranes are equipped as follows:
- high performance active heave compensated winch system with SWL 150T on single line lifting
- high speed auxiliary winch with a lifting capacity of 20T with active heave compensation
- set of tugger winches with constant tension
- fully equipped operator cabin
- operating depth 3000 meters
- satellite based remote diagnostic system
- bolted foundation, making installation and removal of crane a simple operation
- advanced features ensuring safe operation in harsh and arctic environment.
On Fennic and Nordica the complete dynamic positioning system will be replaced by the latest Kongsberg K-Pos DP-22 /K-Chief 700 systems as well as the reference systems will be upgraded with RADius and LTW.
These modifications and upgrades will be carried out during Nordica's and Fennica's next dry docking in winter 2009.