Dockwise delivers flowlines and umbilicals to Technip
Projects and Operations - August 1, 2008
heavy lift specialist Dockwise says logistical flexibility were the keywords in the recent delivery of flexible flowline and umbilical reels to Technipís/Subsea 7's offshore construction vessel CSO Venturer.
Six 300 ton flexible flowline reels from Kalundborg in Denmark, and two somewhat lighter umbilical reels from Sattahip in Thailand had to be lifted 'ship to ship' onto CSO Venturer in the port of Singapore.
The flowlines and umbilicals were needed for the hook-up operation of a FPSO in the Woolybutt south oilfield.
Originally, Jumboís heavy lift vessel Daniella was due to transfer the reels to CSO Venturer in Singapore but as CSO Venturerís installation activities on her current project offshore Dampier were delayed, this proved to be impossible.
Fortunately Jumbo was able to offer the client an alternative. Daniella was held on standby in Singapore and sailed to Dampier on call of Technip some weeks later, when CSO Venturer was able to receive the equipment.
The reels were carefully positioned on deck of the offshore construction vessel in May 2008 and valuable time for the project was regained.
More articles from this category
- Divex secures contract for saturation diving system
Equipment & Technology - August 22, 2014
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014