DOF orders new anchor handlers in Brazil
Yard News - July 10, 2008
DOF has ordered two examples of the Aker Yards Project AH 12 AHTS.
The AH 05 design is specifically designed for the Brazilian market.
Aker Yards has signed a contract with DOF in Norway for construction of three anchor handlers of Aker Yards' own design.
The vessels will be equipped for operations in the Brazilian market, and are scheduled for delivery at the end of 2010, mid-2011 and towards the end of 2011.
Aker Yards Project in Ålesund, Norway developed the new designs, which will be built at Aker Yards in Brazil.
DOF has ordered two AH 12 anchor handlers, vessels which have been designed with a focus on future requirements for safe operations and stability. The vessels will be outfitted with the latest equipment for safe AHTS operations, including large AHTS winches, cargo-rail cranes with manipulators, and new systems for handling rig anchors.
The vessels will have a hybrid propulsion system, combining well proven conventional diesel engines, direct-driven reduction gearboxes and CP propellers plus a diesel electric system. Each of the vessels will have accommodation for 60 persons.
The third vessel is of Aker Yards AH 05 design, which is 74m in length with a beam of 17m. The vessel will have accommodation for 38 persons.
The AH 12 anchor handlers will be 95.0m overall with a length between perpendiculars of 84.8m, breadth of 24.0m, and a bollard pull of 300 tonnes plus a speed of 17 knots.
The AH 05 design is 74.3m overall, with length (bp) of 68.0m, breadth moulded of 17.0m, bollard pull of 147 tonnes, and speed of 12 knots.
More articles from this category
- Divex secures contract for saturation diving system
Equipment & Technology - August 22, 2014
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014