Edda Accommodation unit is launch order for Wärtsilä Nitrogen Oxide Reducer
Equipment & Technology - June 20, 2008
Wärtsilä has received an order from Edda Accomodation, part of the Østensjø Group in Norway, to supply six Wärtsilä Nitrogen Oxides Reducer (NOR) units for the accommodation vessel that the company has on order.
The NOR units will be installed on the six nine-cylinder Wärtsilä 26 generating sets, which were ordered in the end of 2006 in addition to other auxiliary equipment and automation. The vessel is built in Spain and will be delivered in the first quarter 2010.
The order is the first for Wärtsilä's Nitrogen Oxides Reducers in the commercial market.
The NORs are selective catalytic reduction (SCR) converters that will meet the stringent requirements of IMO Tier III emissions control regulations with regard to NOX reduction.
The NOR units are able to reduce NOX emissions to a level of 1.5 g/kWh. IMO Tier III is expected to come into force in 2016.
The new SCR product range caters for the needs of all four-stroke engines in Wärtsilä's portfolio and can be used for both newbuild and retrofits. The SCR control system is seamlessly integrated with the Wärtsilä engine control system and the units come with a completed prefabricated ancillary system.
Wärtsilä has built up a long field experience in running SCR on its own engines in both power plants and vessels since the early 1990s.
Based of this experience Wärtsilä has developed a standard selection of modularized SCRs under the product name of Nitrogen Oxides Reducer (NOR) in close cooperation with a major catalyst manufacturer. The target was to combine efficiency, investment and operation cost.
NOR users will benefit from the integration of the engine and SCR control systems and the worldwide support of the Wärtsilä network.
More articles from this category
- Divex secures contract for saturation diving system
Equipment & Technology - August 22, 2014
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014