Offshore Shipping Online

A publication for the offshore shipping industry published by Clarkson Research

  • Offshore Intelligence Monthly
  • Menu

    Explorer starts Blackwood seismic survey

    Projects and Operations // May 7, 2008

    PGS Australia's seismic vessel Orient Explorer has started work on a 3-D seismic sweep over MEO Australia Ltd's Blackwood discovery in NT/P68 permit. 

    The vessel is expected to complete the 380 square kilometre 3-D seismic survey in about 25 days. The seismic sweep is designed to improve depth conversion and mapping of the Blackwood gas find to facilitate a further appraisal drilling campaign.

    Blackwood-1 intersected a 49m gross gas column after being drilled to a measured depth of 3,225m by Seadrill jack-up West Atlas. MEO is banking on the commerciality of the Blackwood find to support the development of the Tassie Shoal Methanol project.

    MEO operates NA/P68 with 90 per cent interest split evenly between two of its subsidiaries. A Petrofac Ltd subsidiary holds the remaining 10 per cent interest.

     

    More articles from this category

    More news