Østensjø takes delivery of Edda FaunaVessel & ROV News // January 21, 2008
Edda Fauna - built at Aker Yards, Brattvaag, Norway was named on Saturday January 12th 2008 in Haugesund.
The Inspection, Maintenance & Repair (IMR) vessel is due to be completed and delivered by the end of January 2008.
The new IMR vessel is specially designed for operation in northern waters and with a focus on excellent manouverability and station-keeping.
The vessel is built for the following main tasks:
• ROT operations using a module handling system
• Inspection and ROV operations
• Light construction work
• Scale squeeze and pumping operations
• RFO operations.
The Edda Fauna is also equipped with:
• a module handling tower operations in enclosed hangar areas
• a skidding system for 60 ton modules on the main deck
• a LARS handling system for observation and work class ROVs
• Three moonpools for module handling and ROV operations
• a Fixed installed Scale Squeeze system onboard
• DE-ICE notation, with covered lifeboats, mob boats, bow area and hangar area.