Helix awarded three-year vessel contract
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - December 7, 2007
Helix Energy Solutions has announced that its wholly-owned subsidiary Canyon Offshore has been awarded a US$160 million, three-year contract by an E & P operator in South East Asia, to provide the Olympic Canyon DP II multipurpose vessel for offshore inspection, repair and maintenance operations.
Olympic Canyon is scheduled to commence work in April 2008 and will support client's numerous offshore projects.
The vessel will be outfitted with two deepwater 150 HP Triton XLS work class ROV systems, a variety of intervention tooling and support equipment, and a 140 tonne active heave compensated crane.
Canyon has recently increased the size of its fleet of chartered vessels with the addition of two new Norwegian built vessels, Olympic Canyon and sister ship Olympic Triton. Canyon has also added Island Pioneer to its fleet.
All three vessels are state of the art deepwater multipurpose vessels, exceeding 300ft in length.
In addition Canyon has Northern Canyon and Seacor Canyon to its fleet of long term chartered deepwater ROV intervention vessels.
Canyon operates the vessels in the European, Asian, and Americas regions and is actively bidding projects in all active offshore energy markets worldwide.
Canyon is also looking for two additional multipurpose vessels to meet current demand.
Bart Heijermans, Helix's Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, said: "This is the third significant international deepwater contract we have been awarded in as many months. These contracts have added over US$300 million to our rapidly growing deepwater contracting backlog, which now extends into 2011. Canyon has become very successful at bundling third party vessels with their robotic assets to provide key customers with a full suite of subsea intervention."
More articles from this category
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014
- SeaBird awarded Letter of Award for Osprey Explorer
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 7, 2014