OMSA to testify at Congressional Hearing on crewing shortages
News - November 2, 2007
A congressional committee will hear from maritime associations, including the Offshore Marine Service Association (OMSA), as well as labour groups and educators at a hearing on maritime crewing and training issues later this month.
The hearing was called by the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee’s Coast Guard Subcommittee for November 17th at the Capitol.
Carl Annessa, Chief Operating Officer and Vice President for Operations of Hornbeck Offshore, will testify on behalf of OMSA.
While the OMSA testimony is still in draft form, it is expected to stress the importance of maintaining the 'hawse pipe' approach to training mariners.
OMSA is expected to urge Congress to remove obstacles that make it difficult for mariners to climb a career path that takes them from the deck level to become a licensed vessel officer.
OMSA will also outline some of the workforce trends that present challenges to the industry.
More articles from this category
- Divex secures contract for saturation diving system
Equipment & Technology - August 22, 2014
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014