Swiber acquires North Shipyard in Singapore
Yard News - August 7, 2007
Swiber Holdings Limited and its subsidiaries has made its first strategic acquisition since its listing on the Singapore Exchange in November 2006.
The company has announced that it has acquired North Shipyard
(Pte) Ltd for S$10.3 million.
The acquisition was paid in cash financed through the company’s internal resources.
North Shipyard is a 2.4 hectare shipyard situated in Tuas Crescent, Singapore, with an experienced management team and workforce of approximately 90 men.
The 124m water frontage shipyard comprises of a two storey main building and a single storey workshop with three-storey office annex. The facilities of the shipyard also includes a slipway, wharf and working yard.
The shipyard will primarily serve as a marine base to support the repair and maintenance work for Swiber’s growing fleet of marine support and construction vessels. At the same time, the site will also be utilized as a base for the conversion and construction of
More articles from this category
- Divex secures contract for saturation diving system
Equipment & Technology - August 22, 2014
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014