OSV Singapore 2007News // January 15, 2007
The Joint Branch of the Royal Institution of Naval Architects and
the Institute of Marine Engineering, Science and Technology (Singapore) and the Centre for Offshore Research & Engineering, National University of Singapore will hold the 2nd International Conference on Technology & Operation of Offshore Support Vessels, OSV Singapore 2007, 24-25 September 2007, at the National University of Singapore.
Conference Website: http://www.osvsingapore.org.
There is a good demand for providing a wide range of support services such as towage, anchor handling, fire fighting, pollution control measures, loadout, transportation and installation activities, and logistics support for offshore oil and gas industry.
A two-day event comprising of technical papers presentations and an experts' panel discussion, the conference will provide a platform for designers, builders, OSV owners, operators, drilling contractors, installation contractors to present and discuss future needs and challenges, as the search for hydrocarbons moves into deeper waters.
The conference will consider a wide range of vessel types including and anchor handling tug/supply vessels, offshore supply vessel, multi purpose support vessels, diving support vessels, multipurpose construction vessels, pipe laying vessels, accommodation barges, crew boats, and crane barges.
Technical papers are invited on the following areas:
• Design & Construction of OSVs including deepwater operations
• Future Operational Needs of OSV Owners, Operators, Drilling contractors
• Research & Development for specialized equipment for position keeping, underwater inspection & maintenance
• Classification & Statutory requirements
• Logistic Economics for deep water offshore support services
• Patrolling & Security of offshore assets
• Installation and Maintenance of FPSO moorings
• Arctic energy resources and Application of ice technology in use of OSVs
• Future Innovative Technology for OSVs
Professional Activities Centre
NUS Faculty of Engineering
Tel: (65) 6516 5113
Fax: (65) 6874 5097