Rem Offshore provides update on newbuild programmeVessel & ROV News // December 22, 2006
Rem Offshore in Norway has provided an update on its newbuilding programme.
According to the first issue of Rem News, Rem Balder is the next ship for delivery to the company. This UT 712 L AHTS is due to be delivered in early March. "The vessel was supposed to be handed over from Kleven Yard on January 31st, but due to delays in equipment deliveries from Rolls Royce, Kleven is unable to get the vessel ready any sooner. It will be a challenge for them to meet this date, but we trust them to live up to the challenge," said the company.
Six weeks later Rem Etive is due to be delivered from Kleven
Yard. The naming ceremony is set to April 15th and the
vessel will then enter a contract with TS Marine in Aberdeen.
Rem Etive is designed to perform ROV missions and wellhead
interventions, and will be equipped with a tower and two ROVs.
Two large ROV vessels are due to be delivered, also by Kleven, in February and May of 2008, but in the meantime Rem Offshore is building two UT 755 LCs at Simek shipyard in Flekkefjord. These are UT 755 with DP II class, Comf V3.
The overall programme at Rem Offshore will see four new vessels launched in 2007, and six in 2008, and is detailed below, showing type, yard number and delivery.
- UT 712L 313/Kleven Verft Feb 2007
- MT 6016 316/Kleven Verft Apr 2007
- UT 755LC 115/Simek Oct 2007
- UT 755LC 117/Simek Dec 2007
- MT 6022 320/Kleven Verft Feb 2008
- UT 755LC 116/Simek Apr 2008
- MT 6022 321/Kleven Verft May 2008
- MT 6009L 118/Simek Jun 2008
- UT 712L 322/Kleven Verft Sep 2008
- UT 712L 324/Kleven Verft Dec 2008
- MT 6016Mk 325/Kleven Verft Feb 2009