Missing crewman found injured on DSNS Pelican
News - December 19, 2006
BBC News Online reports that a missing crewman who was thought to have fallen overboard from his dive support vessel in the North Sea has been found alive on board the vessel.
The BBC said searches were carried out over two days for 35-year-old Christopher McGonigle, who had not been seen since Saturday on DSNS Pelican, east of Aberdeen.
A coastguard spokesman said Mr McGonigle, from Northern Ireland, had been found after 42 hours. He was discovered in a store room with a broken leg and back injuries.
Grampian Police are expected to investigate the incident.
Mr McGonigle was eventually found on board the boat by a fellow crew member, stowed away in what is considered a normally inaccessible space above a roof panel. It is believed he had food and water with him.
Robin Davies, Subsea 7's North Sea vice-president, told the BBC: "We are delighted Christopher has been found alive and is now being attended to by the ARI medical staff. We will now try and establish the reasons behind his disappearance and, of course, assist Grampian Police in any enquiries they may have."
More articles from this category
- Divex secures contract for saturation diving system
Equipment & Technology - August 22, 2014
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014