Subsea 7 acquires new premises
Company News - October 25, 2006
Subsea 7 has completed the purchase of a 12.2 acre development site in Westhill, Aberdeenshire. The company will build, subject to planning permission, a purpose-built office complex to house up to 1,000 staff.
Subsea 7 currently employs around 850 people in Aberdeen and
plans to recruit an additional 100 staff during the next 12–18 months to service the increasing number of new contracts awards announced recently for the major oil and gas operators such as Shell and BP.
The new office complex, which will be ready for occupation mid-2008, will allow the consolidation of the current three offices that Subsea 7 took over when it was formed in 2002.
Built to the latest building and environmental standards, and set amongst landscaped grounds, the office complex will include a staff restaurant, shop and conference facilities and will incorporate the latest IT and communication facilities.
The new complex will also offer opportunities for additional expansion in line with future strategy as Subsea 7 looks towards 2010.
The new building will primarily support the UK operations of Subsea 7. In addition, the building will house global support functions and will also support West African projects.
Workshop and warehouse facilities will be located elsewhere in Aberdeen.
More articles from this category
- Divex secures contract for saturation diving system
Equipment & Technology - August 22, 2014
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014