OSV Singapore 2007News // October 4, 2006
Following the success of the initial OSV Singapore conference in 2005, the next OSV Singapore conference is scheduled for 2007.
The organizers notes that there is good demand for providing a wide range of support services such as towage, anchor handling, fire fighting, pollution control measures, loadout, transportation and installation activities, and logistics support for the offshore oil and gas industry.
The two-day event will comprise technical papers presentations and an experts’ panel discussion, and the the conference will provide a platform for designers, builders, OSV owners, operators, drilling contractors, installation contractors to present and discuss future needs and challenges, as the search for hydrocarbons moves into deeper waters.
The conference will consider a wide range of vessel types including and anchor handling tug/supply vessels, offshore supply vessel, multi purpose support vessels, diving support vessels, multipurpose construction vessels, pipe laying vessels, accommodation barges, crew boats, and crane barges.
Technical papers are invited on the following areas:
• Design & Construction of OSVs including deepwater operations
• Future Operational Needs of OSV Owners, Operators, Drilling contractors
• Research & Development for specialized equipment for position keeping, underwater inspection & maintenance
• Classification & Statutory requirements
• Logistic Economics for deep water offshore support services
• Patrolling & Security of offshore assets
• Installation and Maintenance of FPSO moorings
• Arctic energy resources and Application of ice technology in use of OSVs
• Future Innovative Technology for OSVs
Abstract Submission: 1 February 2007
Acceptance of Abstract: 1 March 2007
Final Submission of Papers: 15 May 2007
Acceptance of Full Papers: 31 May 2007
Registration Deadline for Authors: 30 June 2007
Authors must confirm their registration by 30 June 2007 in order to have their papers included in the conference programmme and proceedings.
More details can be obtained from the Conference Secretariat, Professional Activities Centre, Faculty of Engineering, Block EA, #05-34, 9 Engineering Drive 1, Singapore 117576.
Tel: (65) 6516 5113
Fax: (65) 6874 5097