Offshore Shipping Online

A publication for the offshore shipping industry published by Clarkson Research

  • Offshore Intelligence Monthly
  • Menu

    IMT Marine Consultants acquired by Dutch group

    News // April 26, 2006

    The IMT 978 PSV is one of the latest designs from IMT Marine Consultants.

    Worldwide Marine Holding BV and Sea of Solutions Holding BV in the Netherlands have announced that they have become the majority shareholders in IMT Marine Consultants in Montrose in the UK and have formed a new venture called Offshore Ship Designers which will see them collaborate closely.

    The transaction, which will see the Dutch companies acquire 85 per cent of the shares in IMT, with the remaining 15 per cent held by IMT's founder Neil Patterson - is due to be completed by the end of May.

    IMT is particularly well known for designing standby vessels, PSVs and anchor handlers, most recently in the form of new PSVs for North Star Shipping in the UK; Worldwise specialises in the design of tugs of all sizes, including escort terminal tugs for LNG terminals; and Sea of Solutions, which was founded in 2001, specialises in designing DP drill ships and pipelay/derrick barges.

     

    More articles from this category

    More news