Noordhoek takes delivery of Panther Plus Work class ROVVessel & ROV News // March 20, 2006
Noordhoek in the Netherlands has announced that the company has taken delivery of a light work class ROV (WROV) to complement its existing fleet of Inspection Class ROVs.
The new Seaeye Panther Plus will enable Noordhoek Offshore BV to provide a broader range of additional services to the market.
The vehicle has been designed for all subsea support services, including survey, inspection and construction support services.
The features of the vehicle include:
• Two hydraulic manipulators (6 function and 4 function)
• 10 thruster configuration for optimum manoeuvrability
• Extended payload capacity (105kg)
• TMS system with 200m excursion option
• Operational down to 1,000m
• Dedicated Launch & Recovery system (LARS)
• Multiple channel communication to surface
• Full range of cameras & lighting
• Standard sensors pack
In addition to the standard layout of the vehicle, Noordhoek can provide all the industry standard sensors and tooling as an option to meet the most demanding project requirement.
The first assignment for the ROV is 24 hour touch-down monitoring of a cable between The Netherlands and Norway. Noordhoek has also proposed the Panther Plus for survey projects, pipeline inspection and construction support requirements.