TeamTec solves A-0 window requirement
Equipment & Technology - January 31, 2006
Classification society DNV requires all new offshore supply vessels with Fi-Fi class to be equipped with A-0 windows. This requirement includes the wheelhouse as well as cabins.
In order to meet the general requirements of fire-protection of vessels, a fire-test shall be conducted from the external side (high risk side). Some of the windows fitted on offshore supply vessels are up to two meters tall. The windows in front often leani out 10-25 degrees and the optical requirements are challenging. Furthermore, the windows shall have sufficient strength to withstand the impact of green sea.
TeamTec in NOrway has developed an A-0 window which has passed the fire test as required in the FTP code according to IMO Resolution A-754 (18). The maximum dimensions are 1600mm x 1300mm. (for larger sizes up to 2000m x 1600m, TeamTec A60 to be installed). The pressure glass (external glass) can vary in thickness according to the requirements in ISO 3903.
The window meets the requirements for navigation (optical quality and flatness as defined by IMO STCW-95 and ISO 3434). The windows can, as an option, be delivered with an invisible heating film.
Certified by DNV, the window meets all the requirements for an A-0 window on a supply vessel with Fi-Fi class.
More articles from this category
- Divex secures contract for saturation diving system
Equipment & Technology - August 22, 2014
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014