Reson acquired by LD Equity 2News // January 9, 2006
LD Equity 2 has announced that it has acquired control of Reson, the well known manufacturer of echo sounders and multi-beam sonars for the hydrography, dredging and offshore industries.
LD Equity 2 acquired the shares in Reson formerly held by the Steenstrup family, and has appointed a new CEO and President and a new Board of Directors.
"The goal of the shareholders is, in cooperation with the Board, and the new Management, to accelerate and continue the development of a newly finished technology platform," said the company. "This new platform will be the core in the expansion of RESON’s product range and will also allow the company to expand the use of its sonar systems into new market areas."
Allan J Vestergaard has been appointed CEO and President of Reson A/S. The RESON management team is now:
- Allan J Vestergaard, CEO and President
- Laust Nyvang, CFO
- Kim Christiansen, VP-Group Sales & Marketing
- Peter K Eriksen, CTO
- Flemming Bekker, Executive Assistant
A new Chairman and Board members for RESON A/S have been appointed as follows:
- Kim Graven-Nielsen – Chairman of the Board of Directors
- Flemming Honoré, Dept. Director of Dansk Kapitalanlæg A/S
- Ole Christensen, Investment Manager of A/S Dansk Erhvervsinvestering
- Finn Pilgaard Christensen, Investment Manager of LD Equity 2
- Henrik Hvidtfeldt, CEO of HVISTA aps
- Leif Bjørnø, Professor
What LD Equity 2 describes as "a substantial amount of capital has been injected into the company in order to secure funding for future expansion."