Keppel Singmarine secures orders for four OSVs and two tugs
Yard News - September 29, 2005
Bourbon Aladin is one of the latest newbuilds from Keppel Singmarine.
Keppel Singmarine Pte Ltd, the wholly owned subsidiary of Keppel Offshore & Marine Ltd (Keppel O&M) in Singapore, has secured orders for four offshore support vessels (OSVs) and two tugs worth about S$78 million.
The vessels will be progressively delivered to their owners up to first half of 2007.
Currently, Keppel Singmarine has 22 vessels under construction, having delivered nine since the beginning of 2005. Its strong orderbook has secured the company a role as one of the world’s leading builders of OSVs.
Keppel Singmarine will build a total of four anchor handlers for Saudi Arabia companies, two for HADI Establishment (HADI) and two for Zamil Operations and Maintenance Co.
A repeat customer since 2001, HADI has ordered a total of nine vessels from Keppel Singmarine, including the latest two vessels. Zamil Operations and Maintenance Co. Ltd. (Zamil) is a new customer.
Keppel Smit Towage (KST) has placed an order for two Azimuth Stern Drive (ASD) tugboats, designed by the Marine Technology Development (MTD), Keppel Singmarine’s research and development arm.
A joint venture between Keppel Shipyard and Smit International Singapore, Keppel Smit Towage owns, manages and operates tugs to provide marine support services in the Asia Pacific region.
Mr Hoe Eng Hock, Executive Director of Keppel Singmarine, said: "Keppel Singmarine’s track records and experiences as a specialised shipbuilder have exemplified its capabilities and confidence in meeting customers’ expectations and requirements. With our commitment to provide quality products and delivery on-time on-budget, Keppel Singmarine creates value for our customers. We are very glad that HADI Establishment, Zamil and KST have chosen Keppel Singmarine as their preferred yard.”
More articles from this category
- Divex secures contract for saturation diving system
Equipment & Technology - August 22, 2014
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014