Joyce McCall completes first year of service
News - September 12, 2005
Delivered to Seacor Marine by Gulf Craft on September 24th 2004, Joyce McCall will complete her first year of service at the end of September this year.
Named for company founder Norman McCall's wife Joyce, the boat typifies the quality that has brought such success to what is now the crew boat division of Seacor Marine.
The 175ft by 30ft vessel is powered by four Cummins KTA50 M2 engines each delivering 1,800hp at 1,900 rpm. Turning Hamilton HM-811 waterjets they give the boat a light ship speed of 32 knots and a fully loaded speed of 20 knots.
Additional manoeuvrability for the DP 1 equipped vessel is provided by a Cummins 6CTA8.3-M engine that powers a Thrustmaster 200hp azimuthing bow thruster as well as a 150hp Thrustmaster tunnel thruster. A pair of Cummins 6BT5.9-G2 generators meet the vessel’s electrical requirements.
Tankage on the vessel includes 25,300 gallons of fuel, 43,400 gallons of rig water, 1,250 gallons of ship’s water, 500 gallons of main engine lube oil, 120 gallons of gear lube oil, 90 gallons of hydraulic oil, and 120 gallons of waste oil capacity.
The aft deck measures 100 by 24.5 feet and has a capacity for 225 long tons.
Commenting on the Joyce McCall, operations manager Joe McCall pointed out that, one other interesting feature is that the vessel is fitted with an active stabilisation system designed by Maritime Dynamics.
The system dampens the roll and pitch of the vessel in rough seas so as to provide a more stable platform, thus increased crew and passenger comfort. It also allows the captain to change the trim of the vessel to achieve the best possible speed for the varying loaded conditions. The system was installed by Gulfcraft and Seacor has three units in service.
For complete specifications and drawings please see the Gulf Craft web page at: www.gulfcraft.com.
More articles from this category
- Divex secures contract for saturation diving system
Equipment & Technology - August 22, 2014
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014