Cal Dive reports fourth quarter earnings
Company News - March 22, 2000
While the seasonal slowdown of the quarter and soft market conditions depressed activity levels, CDI revenues of $42.4 million actually increased 14 per cent over the previous fourth quarter. The company says that this improvement was due to work on thefirst ever Deepwater decommissioning project in the Gulf of Mexico and strong results from Energy Resource Technology (ERT), the company's gas production business.
Annual revenues of $161 million set a new all time Cal Dive record in the midst of one of the most difficult construction markets ever experienced in the Gulf. Net income of $16.9 million was 30% lower than the $24.1 million reported in 1998. Diluted earnings per share of $1.10 declined slightly more than that (32%) in light of the additional shares issued to acquire Aquatica, Inc.
Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Owen Kratz said, "Our people performed at exceptional levels, achieving virtually all of the corporate objectives we set for 1999".
"EBITDA of $44.8 million was almost identical to the cash flow of 1998 notwithstanding the 30 per cent decline in net income due to increased revenues and ERT kicking back into high gear. As a result we emerge from 1999 with a strong balance sheet whichwill enable us to consider creative ways of redefining contractor-customer relationships in the emerging Deepwater Gulf market."
Cal Dive International, Inc, operates a fleet of marine construction vessels and conducts salvage operations in the Gulf of Mexico. Energy Resource Technology, Inc, a wholly owned subsidiary, acquires and operates mature offshore properties as part of CDI decommissioning services.
More articles from this category
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014
- SeaBird awarded Letter of Award for Osprey Explorer
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 7, 2014