DP barge upgraded
Vessel & ROV News - April 21, 2000
The DB 16's dynamically positioning system has been upgraded to a DPS-2 rating, a rating that indicates a significantly more sophisticated system that allows for redundancy. The four 2,000hp fully azimuthing thrusters provide the 400-foot by 100-foot work platform enhanced station keeping abilities.
With this upgrade, the DB 16 and the company's DB 50 both possess DPS-2 systems.
For pipeline and subsea projects, the newly refurbished DB 16 will be able to perform umbilical installation and change modes to install flexible flowlines in a short time period.
The 860/600 short ton revolving crane allows for the change-out of equipment at sea and will be equipped with underwater block capabilities for manifold and template installation. The transformation required to install mooring systems can also be done quickly with the highly portable equipment systems on board.
The newly upgraded dynamically positioning system enhances the DB 16's ability to install coiled tubing and reeled pipe. In addition, the dynamic positioning capability will minimise the set-up time when performing traditional derrick barge work.
The DB 16 was upgraded at the Talleres Navales del Golfo, SA del CV (TNG) shipyard, a subsidiary of J Ray McDermott, SA. The TNG yard is located on the Gulf of Mexico at Veracruz, Mexico's largest and busiest port. TNG provides full ship-repair servicesas well as fabricates offshore platforms, modules, and components.
More articles from this category
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014
- SeaBird awarded Letter of Award for Osprey Explorer
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 7, 2014