More conversions for Cammell Laird
Yard News - January 15, 2001
Among recent conversion contracts won by the group are Coflexip Stena Offshore's dynamically positioned offshore diving support ship CSO Constructor, and the helicopter support ship, RFA Argus.
Cammell Laird's facility on Tyneside in the UK has secured a significant conversion project for the vessel CSO Constructor, which entails converting the vessel to undertake deep water flexible and rigid pipe laying activities and support deep water subsea installations.
The contract for the CSO Constructor will secure work at the Tyneside yard until April 2001. The scope of work includes the addition of more than 2,000 tonnes of new steel, the majority of which is in a new 15m section to be added to the ship. Two new deck cranes, and a hydraulically driven internal pipe carousel will be fitted, along with a significant upgrade of the vessel's systems, including the installation three new 1,360kw generators.
A dynamically controlled Intering anti-heeling system will ensure safe operation of the 300 tonne crane the yard will install. An integral part of work is a life extension programme, which will prepare the vessel for its new role, including shot blastingand painting of all the ballast tanks.
The Argus was due to arrive on Tyneside in January, for a major upgrade and dry-docking, and is due to depart in May. The award of the contract follows the successful refit of the RFA Fort Rosalie last year.
More articles from this category
- Divex secures contract for saturation diving system
Equipment & Technology - August 22, 2014
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014