Noble affiliates announces completion of Alba Field expansion
Company News - December 1, 2000
The well tested at a flow rate of 27.5 million cubic feet of gas per day and 2,040 barrels of condensate per day from a 46/64-inch choke at a flowing tubing pressure of 3,000 pounds per square inch.
The well is the last to be drilled as part of an accelerated development project initiated in 1999 to increase the field's production capacity to 225 million cubic feet per day from 90 million cubic feet of natural gas per day.
Approximately 125 million cubic feet of natural gas per day will be supplied to a methanol production plant currently under construction on Bioko Island; approximately 10 million cubic feet per day will be used for onshore operations; and the remainder will be reinjected offshore.
The methanol production plant is scheduled to be completed by the second quarter of 2001. Condensate production from the Alba Field will increase significantly from 2,200 barrels per day, net to Noble's interest, to approximately 5,000 barrels per day, net to Noble's interest, by the beginning of 2001.
Natural gas liquids totalling approximately 600 barrels per day, net to Noble's interest, also will be produced. The accelerated development project has been completed on time and under budget at a total gross cost of $115 million.
The accelerated development project consists of the engineering, fabrication, transportation and installation of a tripod well platform, a four-pile 12-slot manned platform with compression, various infield flow lines, a 19-mile pipeline from the Alba Field to Bioko Island, and the drilling of several wells, some to be used for production and some for injection.
The participants in the Alba Field include Samedan of North Africa, an indirect wholly-owned subsidiary of Noble Affiliates (33.75 per cent), Globex International (10.87 per cent), the government of Equatorial Guinea(3 percent) and CMS Oil and Gas (E.G.) Ltd. (52.38 per cent).
More articles from this category
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014
- SeaBird awarded Letter of Award for Osprey Explorer
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 7, 2014