New report available from Douglas-Westwood
Publications - January 3, 2003
The World Marine Propulsion Report 2003-2007, by Douglas-Westwood and marine industrydata specialists Lloyd's Register-Fairplay examines the future prospects for the marine propulsion sector.
Marine propulsion systems are expected to grow to become a $5 billion market by 2007. Over the next five years vessel tonnage delivered by yards is expected to increase by 4% while vessel numbers fall by 10%. However, total propulsion power should increase by 8% when compared to the 1997-2002 period.
Using information from the Lloyd's Register-Fairplay databases, The World Marine Propulsion Report analyses engine deliveries by type and manufacturer for the 9,789 commercial vessels over 100gt built over the past five years worldwide and shows the market shares established for all the significant players. The results show the shifts in market share amongst the leading engine companies and the relative decline of the South East Asian designs.
A specially developed model is used to forecast the market over the next five years. This takes into account the major factors that are likely to impact on the sector such as oil prices, increasing vessel sizes, and changes in global trade patterns.
Contents include: a review of different engine types, including low, medium & high-speed diesels, gas turbines, and electrical propulsion systems. Dynamic positioning systems, thrusters, pods and water jets are also reviewed together with power transmission systems, propeller design developments, control systems and the all-electric ship. Trends in engine development discussed include the effects of current & future regulatory requirements and demands for improvements in emission performance and fuel consumption.
More articles from this category
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014
- SeaBird awarded Letter of Award for Osprey Explorer
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 7, 2014