Transocean rebuffs Brazilian claimsNews // September 28, 2015
Transocean has rejected claims that it is involved in any way in the ongoing Petrobras scandal.
In a statement, the company said: "A statement by Eduardo Costa Van Musa relating to the drilling contract for the Petrobras 10000 was made public this week through the Brazilian authorities investigating corrupt practices relating to Petrobras.
"In his statement, Mr Musa said he believed he received payments from someone claiming to be a commercial representative of Transocean even though Mr Musa also asserted that no such payments were necessary as Transocean had been awarded the contract as it was the best technical and economic bidder in a competitive process.
"Transocean has not identified any wrongdoing by any employee or any of its agents in connection with the company's business.
"Transocean is investigating the allegations made by Mr Musa and will also continue its efforts to ensure no violation of company policy or law has, or will, occur. If requested, Transocean will cooperate with governmental investigations."