ALP Maritime to acquire anchor handling and towing vesselsVessel & ROV News // November 7, 2014
ALP Maritime Services has entered into an agreement to acquire six long distance anchor-handling and towing vessels, subject to a satisfactory inspection of the vessels.
The vessels are in the 200/300 tonnes bollard pull towing vessel segment.
The vessels to be acquired are:
- AHT Orcus, 306 tonnes BP, built 2010, DP2
- AHT Uranus, 301 tonnes BP, built 2009, DP2
- AHT Ursus, 218 tonnes BP, built 2008, DP2
- AHT Janus, 219 tonnes BP, built 2007,DP2
- AHT Taurus, 207 tonnes BP, built 2007, DP2
- AHT Magnus, 192 tonnes BP, built 2006, DP2.
ALP Maritime said it had been "mutually agreed" with the sellers that ALP will take over the vessels during the period from 1 December 2014 to 31 March 2015 at ALP’s discretion. ALP previously marketed the vessels in the period 2011-2012.
Since the deal was announced, a legal challenge to the sale of the vessels is reported to have been launched by Harms Bergung.