Oceanic Viking secures bareboat charter from Australia
News - October 1, 2004
Oceanic Viking, which will be armed, will work as a Southern Ocean patrol vessel and crew to prevent illegal fishing, and will conduct year-round patrols in Australian waters surrounding the remote Heard Island and McDonald Islands.
The vessel's speed and endurance will boost the capability of Customs to respond to and apprehend vessels targeting the valuable Patagonian toothfish.
Oceanic Viking will fly the Australian flag and be manned by Australian personnel.
Senator Chris Ellison, Minister for Justice and Customs and Senator Ian Macdonald, Minister for Fisheries, Forestry and Conservation, recently confirmed that Eidesvik's had been selected as the preferred tenderer.
The contract was awarded to P&O Maritime Services, who will use Oceanic Viking to fulfill the contract.
The Australian Prime Minister John Howard announced the two-year armed patrol programme in December 2003 and funding of A$47.8 million in 2004-05 and A$41.4 million in 2005-06 was confirmed in the Australian Federal Budget earlier this year.
More articles from this category
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014
- SeaBird awarded Letter of Award for Osprey Explorer
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 7, 2014