UKOOA appoints new economics and commercial director
Organisations and Associations - September 1, 2003
Mike will lead on economic and commercial issues, including fiscal and gas policy, for the oil and gas industry trade body from his arrival in the early autumn and will be based in London. He was formerly Economics and Planning Manager in the Shell ExproGas Directorate.
He is 45 years of age and has a wealth of experience born of 22 years with GEC and Shell. Mike is a graduate of Shell's Advanced Business Management Programme and has held a variety of posts ranging from Public Affairs to Offshore Infrastructure Management.
Mike Tholen said: "I am absolutely delighted to have been appointed to this post. UKOOA is assembling a young but experienced management team, designed to meet the increasingly demanding needs of the industry as we tackle the challenges of maturity and competitiveness. "We owe a great deal of debt to the work done over the past few years and I am delighted to have the opportunity to build upon it."
UKOOA has recently undergone a major reorganisation in recognition of the rapid changes now taking place in the industry. The association has re-positioned itself in preparation for the next phase of the North Sea's life where new technological and commercial approaches will increasingly be used to explore for and develop the UK's remaining oil and gas reserves.
Steve Harris, Acting Director General, added, "For the second time in the last month I am able to announce the recruitment of an experienced, dynamic professional to UKOOA. I am delighted to be able to prove once again that the positions that we are offering in the new organisation are attracting people of the highest quality from our industry. It demonstrates clearly that people see the changes we are making as relevant and exciting. Fiscal and gas issues are at the very heart of the political agenda and I am confident that Mike will give us the leadership that we require."
More articles from this category
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014
- SeaBird awarded Letter of Award for Osprey Explorer
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 7, 2014