Dolphin reaches agreement to acquire Quantum GeoServices
Company News - July 31, 2013
Dolphin Geophysical has reached an exclusive agreement to acquire Quantum GeoServices (Asia Pacific) Pte Ltd. The agreement is subject to due diligence and is expected to be completed in early August.
Based in Singapore, Quantum provides seismic data processing services including multi-component, Multi-Client products and training for data processing within the Asia Pacific region.
Atle Jacobsen, Dolphin's CEO, said: "The purchase of Quantum marks a significant step in becoming a global company. It provides us with a permanent presence within the Asia Pacific market and demonstrates our commitment to the region. Quantum will assist us greatly in marketing all of our services.'
Sami Khan, CEO of Quantum, will become Vice President Asia Pacific, Acquisition and Processing for Dolphin. Mr Khan said, "This is an exciting step for Quantum. Becoming part of a fast growing, full service, marine seismic company provides us with the strength and opportunity to accelerate our development. In particular, our staff will benefit from enhanced career opportunities.'
Gareth Williams, Chief Geophysicist of Dolphin, said: "Quantum have previously licensed our OpenCPS software for marine seismic data processing, so we expect the integration of their processing capabilities to proceed smoothly. We are very enthusiastic about the opportunity to increase our capacity to provide processing services and support our vessels across the globe."
More articles from this category
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014
- SeaBird awarded Letter of Award for Osprey Explorer
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 7, 2014