C&C's AUV completes ExxonMobil project
Projects and Operations - August 1, 2003
During the 34-day project, C&C's AUV, aboard the R/V Rig Supporter, collected high-resolution multi-beam bathymetry, side scan sonar and sub-bottom profiler data in water depths ranging from 500m to 900m.
While collecting over 3,100km of data, the AUV utilized acoustic modems to transfer sub-sampled data to the R/V Rig Supporter for QA/QC measures performed by route engineers.
Since becoming operational in January 2001, C&C's AUV has performed more than 24,000km of surveys on 47 different projects for government agencies and the oil and gas industry.
The water depths for these projects range from 100-2,850m and encompass different levels of complexity.
Some of the more high profile projects have been locating historical World War II shipwrecks, performing pipeline investigation surveys and surveying through a full-scale production FPSO location.
For more information see www.cctechnol.com.
More articles from this category
- Divex secures contract for saturation diving system
Equipment & Technology - August 22, 2014
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014