OSRL and CCA mergeCompany News // January 11, 2013
With effect from 3 January 2013 Oil Spill Response Limited (OSRL) and Clean Caribbean & Americas (CCA) have joined together as a single organisation to meet the expanding needs for oil spill preparedness and response around the world.
Members of the combined organization are widely expected to benefit from this merger; which in particular will:
• Provide Members with access to enhanced response capability and equipment to respond to worst case spill events in the region
• Provide access to a wide range of preparedness services including training, consultancy, technical advice and project support
• Meet regulator and key stakeholder expectations of the industry’s capabilities to respond to a major incident
The integration will help to:
• Broaden and deepen the range of preparedness, response, training and incident management services available to its Members
• Provide effective and coordinated industry engagement with regional governments on preparedness and response issues
• Support the adoption of best practice
OSRL will acquire CCA’s assets and personnel, with CCA’s Fort Lauderdale base in Florida becoming a regional response base supporting OSRL’s global response capability.
Members of CCA will become Members of OSRL and thus receive membership services from OSRL going forward.
The transaction, coupled with the establishment later this year of OSRL’s new base in Brazil to deliver its new subsea well intervention service, sets up a third OSRL region, the Americas.
OSRL’s regional headquarters will remain in Houston, Texas.