Saipem awarded E&C contracts worth more than US1 billion
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - October 22, 2012
Saipem has been awarded new E&C offshore contracts worth US$1.1 billion in Brazil, Angola and the Caspian Sea.
In Brazil, Saipem has signed an EPIC contract with Petrobras for the SapinhoŠ Norte and Cernambi Sul projects, part of the development of pre-salt risers in the Santos Basin, approximately 300km off the coasts of the Rio de Janeiro and S„o Paulo states, in water depths of 2,200m. Petrobras is operator of the BM-S-09 consortium with BG and Repsol and the BM-S-11 consortium with Galp and Repsol.
The scope of work encompasses the engineering, procurement, fabrication, installation and precommissioning of the SLWR (Steel Lazy Wave Riser) for the collection system at the SapinhoŠ Norte field, and of the FSHR (Free Standing Hybrid Risers) for the gas export systems at the SapinhoŠ Norte and Cernambi Sul fields. The offshore activities will be performed by Saipem FDS 2 vessel, and will start work in the third quarter of 2014. Saipem will use its yard in GuarujŠ for the fabrication of part of the risers system equipment.
In Angola, Saipem has been awarded an EPIC contract by Total E&P Angola for the GirRI (Girassol Resources Initiatives) project in Block 17, located approximately 210 kilometres northwest of Luanda.
The contract comprises the engineering, procurement, fabrication, installation and commissioning of topside modifications for the multiphase pump systems on the Girassol and Dalia FPSOs. The offshore activities will mainly be performed by the Saipem 3000 vessel during the fourth quarter of 2014.
In the Russian sector of the Caspian Sea, Saipem has been awarded a contract for T&I activities in the Vladimir Filanovsky field by Lukoil-Nizhnevolzhskneft (a whollyĖowned LUKOIL subsidiary). The scope of work encompasses the transportation and installation of several facilities including an ice-resistant fixed platform, a living quarter platform, a central processing platform and a riser platform, along with connection bridges.
The activity will be performed in two offshore campaigns between March and November of 2013 and 2014 respectively, due to sea-icing during the winter.
More articles from this category
- Divex secures contract for saturation diving system
Equipment & Technology - August 22, 2014
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014