DP Marine Energy and DEME Blue Energy Consortium successful in tender for tidal energy project
News - October 17, 2012
The DP Marine Energy and DEME Blue Energy development consortium (DPME/DBE) has added a further marine energy project to its West Islay tidal project off South West Scotland with the award of an Agreement for Lease from The Crown Estate for a 100MW tidal project off the northwest coast of Antrim at Fair Head in Northern Ireland.
Both projects have significant energy resource developed by the same waters flooding and ebbing between the North Atlantic and the Irish Sea and both form part of the North Channel resource area.
The Fair Head tidal project is conceived around the use of 100 1MW power train turbines with differing support structure designs based on the variable water depths across the site. Preliminary layouts have been outlined utilizing the three bladed horizontal axis Siemens MCT power trains mounted on both fixed tower structures or on floating support structures where the depths exceed 40m.
Final designs and turbine selection will depend on the specific site conditions and the suitability of the various designs for the specific location, and will also be informed by the environmental constraints identified through the Environmental Impact Assessment Process and feedback from other sea users and stakeholders.
The parties within the DPME/DBE consortium bring a diverse range of complementary skills and together a substantial breadth of development experience in renewable energy projects and offshore construction.
More articles from this category
- Divex secures contract for saturation diving system
Equipment & Technology - August 22, 2014
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014