Veripos introduces inertially-aided solution for DP vessels
Equipment & Technology - October 5, 2012
Veripos has introduced a new inertially-aided solution for dynamically positioned vessels combining latest GNSS positioning technology advances with high integrity inertial measurements for enhanced and more reliable positioning performance, Verify Axiom.
Developed in association with Sonardyne International and featuring seamless integration of Veripos GNSS and Sonardyne inertial technologies, Verify Axiom exploits long-term precision characteristics of GNSS positioning with the continuous availability and rapid update rates of inertial sensors.
It thus bridges any GNSS disruptions typically caused by ionospheric irregularities and physical obstructions while detecting position outliers due to common mode failures which can otherwise affect vessel systems simultaneously.
The core component of Verify Axiom is Sonardyneís IMO-approved Lodestar Attitude and Heading Reference System (AHRS) and Inertial Navigation System (INS) which outputs precise position, velocity and attitude in dynamic conditions without any need for external support inputs or vessel manoeuvres.
The Lodestarís INS high-grade gyroscopes have been specifically selected to optimise performamce and ease of use while its North-seeking capability greatly simplifies installation, as no external aiding is required.
Veriposís wide-ranging GNSS positioning capabilities in turn complement Lodestarís inertial sensor outputs, which are combined mathematically to compute position with the highest possible accuracy and integrity for a surface navigation system.
Input of GNSS observation data corrects any potential degradation over time in the inertial position solution.
Providing significantly improved reliability in challenging conditions with heading, pitch and roll output, Verify Axiom enables a single navigation solution to be computed and displayed with intuitive status and quality metrics, with industry-standard output telegrams available for external interfacing.
Its features and capability will be shown to the industry for the first time by Veripos at this yearís Marine Technology Society (MTS) Dynamic Positioning conference in Houston from 9-10 October.
More articles from this category
- Divex secures contract for saturation diving system
Equipment & Technology - August 22, 2014
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014