Petrobras CEO welcomes UK Prime Minister
News - October 1, 2012
Petrobras' CEO, Maria das Graças Silva Foster, welcomed UK Prime Minister David Cameron to the company's main office building in Rio de Janeiro last week.
The aim of the visit, which also included a delegation of British businessmen, was to discuss possible opportunities for business and cooperative projects between UK industry and Petrobras.
During the event, Graça Foster presented Petrobras' 2012-2016 Business Plan, which covers total investments of US$236.5 billion.
The Prime Minister and UK executives spoke about trade relations between the United Kingdom and Brazil.
Mr Cameron highlighted the Brazilian oil and gas industry's enormous capacity and opportunities for British companies to work with Petrobras and help develop the sector.
Graça Foster stressed the importance of the local content policy being pursued in Brazil, but affirmed that, with so many projects under way, there was ample space for British Industry.
"We have huge potential in oil and gas, an enormous challenge ahead of us and a national sourcing policy, but we are still open to British goods and services," she affirmed.
The British delegation included the British Ambassador to Brazil Alan Charlton, the Minister of State for Trade and Investment Lord Green, the Minister of State for Latin America Hugo Swire, chief of staff John Casson and National Security Advisor Kim Darroch, in addition to representatives of corporations with links to the oil and gas industry.
Attending the meeting on behalf of Petrobras were Engineering, Technology, and Materials Director José Antônio de Figueiredo, Exploration and Production Director José Formigli, CFO and Investor Relations Officer Almir Barbassa, Gas and Energy Director Alcides Santoro and the advisor to the Cabinet of the President André Ghirardi.
Brazilian Ambassador to Great Britain Roberto Jaguaribe and Itamaraty Liaison diplomat Flávio Mello also participated.
More articles from this category
- Divex secures contract for saturation diving system
Equipment & Technology - August 22, 2014
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014