Fairmount Marine delivers Atwood rig
Projects and Operations - September 28, 2012
Fairmount Marine’s tug Fairmount Sherpa has delivered the rig Atwood Condor to Port of Spain, Trinidad.
The semi submersible rig was towed from Port Louis, Mauritius, over a distance of 8,100 nautical miles with an average speed of 8.5 knots.
Atwood Condor is a 2012-built dynamically positioned semi submersible drilling unit capable of operating in 3,050m of water and drilling depths up to 12,200m. The 118m rig has accommodation for up to 200 persons.
The rig is owned by Atwood Oceanics, headquartered in Houston, US.
Before crossing the Atlantic, Fairmount Sherpa and her tow made a planned four day stop-over at Walvis Bay, Namibia. During the stop-over Fairmount Sherpa performed several cargo and passengers runs between the rig and the port.
More articles from this category
- Divex secures contract for saturation diving system
Equipment & Technology - August 22, 2014
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014