'Walking' jack-up Wavewalker 1 named
Vessel & ROV News - September 25, 2012
An innovative 'walking' jack-up barge, WaveWalker 1, was named at Neptune Shipyard in Hardinxveld Giessendam, The Netherlands on 21 September 2012.
The naming ceremony was performed by Sonja Jonkman, wife of André Jonkman, Chief Financial Officer & Member of the Board of Management of Fugro NV.
WaveWalker 1 is being developed by Fugro and Van Oord to move and operate offshore, in surf zones and other intertidal locations.
The keel of the unit was laid on 4 April 2012 and the jack-up will be operational by the end of 2012 , carrying out drilling and blasting works for the Suape Outer Channel in Brazil.
The platform can be operated in conventional 4-legged mode, or as an 8-legged self-contained walking jack-up platform, capable of safely operating and bi-directional movement whilst elevated.
"Undertaking geotechnical site investigations, drilling and other underwater activity from a stable platform with the added benefit of relocation without floating will reduce the impact of sea conditions on the operational hours in harsh coastal zones," said Fugro in a statement.
More articles from this category
- Divex secures contract for saturation diving system
Equipment & Technology - August 22, 2014
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014