ASCO invests in Canada
Company News - September 25, 2012
The ASCO Group has acquired EJR Trucking, Manatokan Oilfield Logistics Ltd and Docktor Oilfield Transport Corporation, –three Alberta-based specialist oilfield services companies.
The acquisitions have significantly increased ASCO’s capacity in Canada and support the group’s international investment and growth plans.
Derek Smith, ASCO Group’s Chief Operating Officer, said: “Supported by increased investment from private equity firm Doughty Hanson, our board has ambitious plans for this business and we are currently realising these plans through organic growth and acquisitions.
"Our primary focus will always remain the oil and gas services market, but we want to reach new clients as well as provide more services to our current clients, particularly services which fit and complement our current portfolio.
"The acquisition of these oilfield services companies in Alberta support this strategy. They have doubled the size of our operation in Canada, allowing us entry into new markets and they represent a significant step in our growth plans.”
The acquisitions take total employee numbers from 130 to over 260 in Canada, where ASCO already has operations in Bonnyville, Alberta as well as Halifax and St Johns in Eastern Canada.
EJR Trucking and Docktor Oilfield Transport Corporation are oilfield logistics companies, specialising in drilling logistics and infield services.
The acquisitions of the companies were made through ASCO’s Canadian onshore oilfield services company MOKO, which is based in Alberta. Both new companies will be fully integrated into the MOKO brand.
Manatokan is a specialist oilfield waste management company. Its brand will remain and the company will become Manatokan Oilfield Logistics Inc.
Trough these acquisitions and the acquisition of North Sea Lifting in June 2012, ASCO has grown from 1,600 employees to over 2,000 employees worldwide.
More articles from this category
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014
- SeaBird awarded Letter of Award for Osprey Explorer
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 7, 2014