Hughes delivers deepsea pressure testing system to Subsea 7
Equipment & Technology - September 19, 2012
Specialist manufacturer Hughes Pumps recently supplied a number of high precision flexible line Hydrostatic Test and Chemicals Injection System (HTCIS) units to Subsea 7.
The HTCIS units will be used on Subsea 7’s Lochnagar, Kommander 3000 and Normand 7 pipelay support vessels (PLSV) operating throughout Brazilian and South American waters, enabling the integrity of flexible flow-lines laid to the seabed in up to 2,000m of water to be pressure tested before oil is pumped through them.
The HTCIS unit consists of four different and integrated modules connected to a single supply line, including the filling system (FS) comprising a fixed speed centrifugal pump to rapidly prefill flowlines with seawater at 50 m³/hr at 10 bar, a 1,000 litre 316 stainless steel, seawater supply tank for the mid and high pressure pumps.
A mid pressure system (MPS) using a Hughes triplex plunger pump to provide flow from 0 to 10 m³/hr at up to 207 bar, A high pressure system (HPS) uses a Hughes triplex plunger pump to provide flow to 0.4 m³/hr at up to 517 bar.
The chemical injection system (CIS) simultaneously injects oxygen remover and biologic inhibitor into the high pressure discharge line, at controlled rates based on flow meter readings fitted to the variable speed MPS and HPS pumps to maintain the required chemical concentrations.
The CIS uses an automatic 'closed loop' system to automatically maintain flow rates, discharge pressures and chemical dosing rates, however other versions using manual control are also available.
More articles from this category
- Divex secures contract for saturation diving system
Equipment & Technology - August 22, 2014
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014