Supply Boat Toby Tide sold
Vessel & ROV News - September 18, 2012
Marcon International in Coupeville, Washington has announced the sale of a 180ft supply boat to West Coast buyers.
Twenty Grand Marine Service LLC of New Orleans, Louisiana sold the US flag supply vessel Toby Tide to Ocean Marine Services Inc of Kirkland, Washington.
The ABS +A1 (E) +AMS classed, 180ft x 40ft x 14ft supply vessel was built in 1980 by Halter Marine in New Orleans. She is powered by a pair of CAT D399TA diesel engines producing a total of 2,250hp, turning props through Reintjes WAV 1400 gears. This generates a max speed of 12 knots and cruising speed of 10 knots.
This is the 20th vessel to date which Marcon has sold from sellers, with eight going to West coast operators. Over the years, Marcon has concluded sales of four OSVs and one 40,000bbl ocean tank barge to the buyers.
Upon Toby Tide's arrival from Port Hueneme to Seattle, she was promptly drydocked in preparation to start working in Alaska. The vessel is being renamed Sovereign, after the first 3,900 bhp, 185ft AHTS which Marcon sold to these owners from Offshore
Logistics Inc 22 years ago.
More articles from this category
- Divex secures contract for saturation diving system
Equipment & Technology - August 22, 2014
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014