New CEO at Bergen Group Fosen
Company News - September 13, 2012
Anders Straumsheim is to take up the position of CEO of Bergen Group Fosen. The company's current CEO, Arnar Utseth, continues at the shipyard with new
Mr Straumsheim (44) has extensive management experience from Norwegian and
international industries. For the last 12 years he has been CEO of the Flextronics Group's operations in Norway.
As CEO of Bergen Group Fosen, Mr Straumsheim will also join the management team of Bergen Group's Shipbuilding division.
"In recent weeks we have had a strong focus on identifying and implementing the necessary actions in order to regain the profitability at Bergen Group Fosen," said the company.
"An important step in this process has been to strengthen the management at the
shipyard. Now we have put in place a very accomplished economist with solid
industrial management experience.
"Mr Straumsheim will have an important role in the dedicated process of ensuring a continued positive improvement at the yard."
Last month, Terje Sjumarken was appointed Executive Vice President for Bergen
Group Shipbuilding. Mr Sjumarken, who is also the CEO of Bergen Group BMV,
said the group's divisional management will be further strengthened.
"We are also now establishing the position of CFO for Bergen Group Shipbuilding
to strengthen the financial management, project financing and the strategic
cooperation at the division level," he explained.
"The division's two newbuilding yards have experiencedstrong growth in their orderbooks, and the market outlook is perceived as positive," said the company.
Bergen Group will complete three large ships by next summer. The first of these, an offshore construction vessel, will be completed and delivered to the customer Volstad Maritime AS this autumn. In spring of 2013 the first cruise ferry for Fjord Line will be delivered. The hull of the second cruise ferry is under construction in Poland, and will arrive at Fosen for outfitting and completion in late fall this year. This cruise ferry will be delivered to the client in the summer of 2013.
More articles from this category
- Divex secures contract for saturation diving system
Equipment & Technology - August 22, 2014
- Tidewater reports results for lastest quarter
Company News - August 21, 2014
- Chellsea takes delivery of newbuild PSV
Vessel & ROV News - August 20, 2014
- Sea Surfer joins Deep Sea Supply fleet
Vessel & ROV News - August 19, 2014
- Siem Giant enters service offshore Brazil
Vessel & ROV News - August 18, 2014
- OSBIT secures Well Ops LARS deal
Equipment & Technology - August 15, 2014
- Strategic Marine appoints Business Development Manager
Company News - August 14, 2014
- UTEC StarNet extends partnership with Sky Futures to North America
Company News - August 13, 2014
- EMGS sticks with Boa Galatea
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 12, 2014
- UK "has billions of barrels of oil" - but extracting it is more and more costly
News - August 11, 2014
- Fugro teams with WFS Technologies for wireless ROV integration
Vessel & ROV News - August 8, 2014
- DOF awarded contract offshore Brazil
Contracts, Tenders and Rates - August 8, 2014
- Sinopacific secures first contract in Mexican market
Yard News - August 8, 2014
- Summer publishing schedule
News - August 8, 2014
- SMD to supply Sistac with work-class ROV
Vessel & ROV News - August 7, 2014